The sales this year have been deeper than ever!
Meanwhile, outlet malls like Potomac Mills opened up at midnight the day after Thanksgiving, while online retailers got a head start by offering deals way in advance of Cyber Monday.
Do you think that Cyber Monday is becoming obsolete?
Just a few of the pre-CM deals that posted early:
- Bebe.com: 70% off all sale items and 40% off select new items if you click here.
- Grouponicus: Daily 50% off holiday deals sent to a subscriber's inbox or by going to Today's Deal.
- New York & Company: 50% off everything through the end of Cyber Monday if you click here.
- SteveMadden.com: 35% off any online order through the end of Cyber Monday with code:CM35
- Travelocity: $40 off 3+ nights flight and hotel through 02/28/11 with code:GL40
- Orbitz: 10% off hotels through the end of Cyber Monday with code:HOLIDAY10
If you are looking for a holiday rush that doesn't put a dent in your bedazzled pocketbook... then look no further than these low-key Christmas events... events that don't require you to enter a national lottery in order to gain entry (think National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony)!
Georgetown: Merriment in Georgetown Festival and Lighting. Sunday, Dec. 5
Capitol Hill: Norwegian Christmas at Union Station. Thursday, Dec. 2
National Harbor: Christmas on the Potomac. Lights nightly now-Sunday, Jan. 9
Prince George's County: Festival of Lights. Lights nightly now-Sunday, Jan. 2
Centreville: Bull Run Festival of Lights. Lights nightly now-Sunday, Jan. 9
That's all for now, but there's more to come from DC on Heels in terms of Christmas Splendor, holiday style and party shoes... so stay tuned tuned!