Monday, December 20, 2010

Our Feliz Navidad Mexican Dance and Beauty Buzz Review

Feliz Navidad Y Prospero Ano from DC ON HEELS! 


Vanessa & Markette xoxoxo


BEAUTY BUZZ REVIEW
OK hope you had a good laugh. And now on to more serious matters... Want a pout like this without the pain of botox or breaking the bank?


(I'm sure you can guess which celeb this pout belongs to.)

Let's see if this product is all it's cracked up to be (no pun intended) with my "Beauty Buzz" Review.
Sally Hansen Thin Lip Collagen Boost. 
Most of America minus Angelina Jolie aren't born with an overly plump pout, therefore we are forced to test, buy and decide for ourselves which products really do what they say they will. This weeks test product is Sally Hansen's Thin Lip Collagen Boost. This 44 oz tube claims to deliver the following: Noticeably fuller lips. Volumizing formula increases lip fullness. Instantly lips appear smoother and younger-looking. With collagen, soybean oil & vitamins. 

You Have: Thin lips. 
You Want: Defined, plumper, smoother lips. 
How it works: Collagen increased lip volume, contour and definition. Soybean oil and vitamins reveal healthy-looking lips. With continued use, lips look sensational. The look of fine lines and wrinkles is dramatically reduced. You'll Get: Fuller, more youthful lips without surgery. Dermatologist tested. Irritants free. Made in U.S.A.

Vanessa tests it out for you. 

Vanessa's Two Cents: The soybean oil is certainly soothing and leaves your lips feeling very moisturized.  I also liked that  it had no strange minty or tingly sensation that other lip boosters can contain. Nothing in this product seems to cause any sort of irritation in any way shape or form. But my question is where's the boost?

I'm not sure if the collagen boost is even noticeable. It certainly doesn't have the instant results that a collagen injection would have (I can only imagine--I'm certainly not willing to try--at least yet.) So in my opinion, this product is more of a psychological booster then a lip one. Would I buy it as a clear lip gloss to have soft moisturized soothed lips? Yes. Would I buy it to try and get a  Jolie pout? No. I'm just not feeling it. After repeated use through out the day my lips still appear to look the same. Yes they feel softer and healthier but I don't think I'm sporting that plump pout this product promises.
Price: Under $10. You still get quite a lot of bang for your buck. 


Hmm what do you think... not sure my pout is that boosted? 
Pucker Up xoxoxo
 Still keeps me smiling and moisturized though.

I would rate this product  3 out of 5 heels*

That's all from DC ON HEELS "Bringing you the best in food, fashion and fun in the metro area."

   Besos xoxoxo Vanessa

Click on icons to connect with us!






No comments:

Post a Comment