DC on Heels and Dining in DC are teaming up for the ultimate Restaurant Week giveaway!
Enter to win one of five $75 dining gift certificates to some of the hottest eateries in town -- that's TWICE the cost of a three-course dinner during Restaurant Week!
DC Restaurant Week, sponsored by Destination DC and the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington, occurs twice a year when restaurants are typically slow (usually in January and then again in late summer, usually August).
Many restaurants welcome Restaurant Week as a way to drum up new business, especially from savvy foodies who jump at the chance to get a great deal at a top DC area restaurant.
"There's no better time than Restaurant Week to see what the D.C. culinary scene has to offer," said Elliott Ferguson, president & CEO of Washington's tourism agency, Destination DC.
Participating restaurants offer a special prix-fixe menu for the entire week. Lunch is $20.10 for three courses and dinner, three courses as well, is $35.10 (prices do not include tax or gratuity). In addition, some restaurants extend the promotion for up to an entire month.
So what do you think? Is DC Restaurant Week a deal or no deal? You tell us!
How to participate:
1. Dine out during Restaurant Week and take pictures of your meal.
2. Send the photos, along with the price of the meal and an explanation of whether or not you think it was a "Deal or No Deal" to firstname.lastname@example.org (Click here for an example of Deal or No Deal). Submissions are due no later than midnight, Friday, Aug. 27, 2010. Please include your name and telephone number.
4. Five (5) lucky winners will be announced on Dining in DC and DC on Heels on Friday, Sept. 10, 2010.
- At least one (1) winner will be selected at random that is a Facebook fan of DC on Heels.
- At least one (1) winner will be selected at random from the Dining in DC subscriber list.
- The other three (3) winners will be selected based on their "Deal or No Deal" submission.
Only amateur photographers are eligible. One entry per person.
1. One (1) $75 dining gift certificate to Capital Restaurant Concepts (for use at any of their area eateries, such as J. Paul's, Old Glory, Georgia Browns, etc.)
2. Two (2) $75 dining gift certificates to Buddha-Bar DC
3. One (1) $75 dining gift certificate to Thunder Burger and Bar
4. One (1) $75 dining gift certificate to Sushi Rock
So what are you waiting for? Check out the list of participating restaurants, their menus, and send us your "Deal or NO Deal" submissions. Hurry! Deadline is midnight on Friday, Aug. 27, 2010.
P.S. - RESTAURANTS & BARS: to become a sponsor of DC on HEELS, contact: email@example.com