Preparation time: 15 minutes to prepare, 3-4 hours to let sit. Always use the freshest fish possible. Make the same day you purchase fresh fish.
- 2 lbs of firm, fresh red snapper fillets (or other firm-fleshed fish), cut into 1/2 inch pieces, completely deboned
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup of chopped fresh seeded tomatoes
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Dash of ground oregano
- Dash of Tabasco or a light pinch of cayenne pepper
- Tortillas or tortilla chips
In a non-reactive casserole dish, either Pyrex or ceramic, place the fish, onion, tomatoes, chili, salt, Tabasco, and oregano. Cover with lime and lemon juice. Let sit covered in the refrigerator for an hour, then stir, making sure more of the fish gets exposed to the acidic lime and lemon juices. Let sit for several hours, giving time for the flavors to blend. Check out that recipe and millions of others from your I-phone. And if you don't have an I-phone then get one!! And if you are not a Mac user then become one. It's that simple =)
I-PICK APP OF THE WEEK:
This FREE APP offers thousands of recipes from hundreds of talented chefs. Use the spinner and select the dish, ingredients, and prep time. You can plan your dinner out ahead. It's Free and so very cconvenient. And remember "An Apple a day keeps the doctor away." You can't say that about a Window.